Development Chemist / Senior Development Chemist
We are looking for enthusiastic and target-driven innovators to work at the forefront of science and technology. Join a growing team of inspiring scientists working to revolutionize fluorination chemistry worldwide. As a key member of the R&D team, you will be responsible for delivering exciting research projects and contribute to the development of our new, safe and disruptive fluorinating processes, including synthesis of fluorinating reagents and scaling-up.
Salary & Core Hours
35000-£55000 depending on experience (full-time position)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Opportunity to develop and apply a range of synthetic & analytical methodologies to make industrially relevant, next generation synthesis of fluorinated compounds across a range of scales (g – kg).
- Tackle R&D challenges and develop new routes to fluorochemicals using our latest technology.
- Proactively contribute to the high safety standards of the group.
- Ability to design, recommend and execute experimental work in organic and/or inorganic synthesis.
- Ability to search and present literature findings as well as experimental results in a timely and clear fashion with periodic verbal and written reports.
- Ensuring the safe and efficient running of the laboratory
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- A PhD in organic chemistry (essential)
- Proven expertise in organic chemistry based on track record (essential)
- A problem-solving mindset and the ability to think outside the box (essential)
- The ability to work efficiently on your own or as part of a team (essential)
- 2+ years experience in scale-up/process chemistry in industry (highly desirable)
- Experience in flow chemistry (desirable)
- Proven experience of characterization and purification tools such as: NMR, HPLC, Mass spec (essential) and X-ray, XRPD (desirable)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and chemistry software suites (Scifinder, Chemdraw etc etc.) (essential)
- A proven track record high quality synthetic laboratory work, data collation and record keeping (essential)
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English (essential)
Please send your CV and a 1-page cover letter using the link below.